Recent reports are that Charles Gallagher is selling his megayacht Cakewalk. The massive yacht, the largest luxury yacht built in the United States since 1930, is an impressive 281 feet.
The current asking price of the vessel is $215 Million Dollars. Burgess Yachts will handle the sale of Cakewalk.
When Charles Gallagher had Derecktor Shipyards build Cakewalk from 2007 t0 2010, it was then the 38th largest yacht in the world.
The cost? $82 Million.
- It has six-decks
- Features a spiral central staircase with balusters of ivy-like wrought iron
- An elevator with ‘Versailles-patterned woodwork’
- Cakewalk’s public debut was at the 2010 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Derecktor, also built ‘Stars & Stripes ’87,’ the 1987 America’s Cup winner
- Cakewalk was Gallagher’s fifth yacht of the same name
- Captained by Bill Zinser, crewed by 25
Gallagher, a private equity investor was quoted in the Denver Post as saying that “size was not his main concern and that there was no such thing as having the largest yacht in the world – but it is important to us to have built the finest quality yacht in the world – that is what I set out for.”