A large issue impacting the commercial marine and shipping industries is the issue of ballast water treatment. Owners and operators continue to look for clarification on USCG and IMO regulations, available solutions and appropriate applications for these ballast water treatment systems.
Questions we hear from the industry include:
- How do the regulations affect our ships?
- When do we need to comply with these regulations?
- What treatment solutions are approved?
- What are the costs involved?
- Who can help us with new systems or re-engineering of our current system?
Whether you have marine engineers and architects on your staff or not, you may need assistance from an outside group experienced in the navigation of the management of ballast water treatment systems.
Boksa Marine Design can help your organization with:
- Understanding ballast water regulations, especially as they relate to your specific vessel or fleet
- Understanding the potential ballast water treatment solutions available to your vessels
- How those solutions can be applied through engineering work
- Mapping out the design and engineering of implementation
Boksa Marine Design is located near Tampa, Florida and provides engineering and naval architecture services to clients within the United States as well as around the world.