What do owners and operators want from Ballast Water Treatment solutions?
The issue of Ballast Water Treatment – systems, engineering, retrofitting, etc. – is one issue that is impacting the commercial marine industry in a big way.
A survey of our contacts within the industry – owners, operators and marine engineering service providers – gave us some insight into what concerns organizations are having as they begin to interpret and react to USCG and IMO regulations concerning the treatment of ballast water.
What owners, operators and other decision makers want:
– A clearer, better and more defined understanding of regulations, solutions to meet those regulations and how those regulations will be enforced
– What solution is best for my ships – whether it is a new system or a retrofit of the current system
– Guidance on choosing the right system or engineering solution
– A system which is efficient, compact and easily installed on a wide range of vessels – scalable for a wide range of ship sizes, construction and requirements
– The lowest cost impact solution
– The lowest time impact solution
– A long-term solution
– A system that can be more easily isolated for maintenance and upgrades
– Easily integrated with existing ballast water pipework and engineering
– Automated systems to keep system functioning properly or warn of issues
– Reliable engineering services and installation teams and/or companies to support installation and servicing
– Updated and current information surrounding BWTS
Boksa Marine Design is located near Tampa, Florida and provides engineering and naval architecture services to clients within the United States as well as around the world.